Monday, November 1, 2010

385

Today is day 1 of the "Get Back on Track" with the diet. Weight is shown above. I'm going to be using the Weight Watchers plan as my guide, since that's what's worked best for me in the past. Also going to make sure I get to the Y as much as I can this week... working with a new trainer there and need to get back on track in the exercise department as well.

As I don't really feel like paying to attend meetings, but I still realize I need to have some accountability, I'll use Alles in Wonderland as my "weekly weigh in." I'll be recording my weight updates here weekly, and if I miss one, feel free to call me on it, Rabbit Holers (all three of you :) ).

According to an online BMI calculator, 178 would be considered a "healthy" weight for my height, but to start with attainable goals I'm going to use Weight Watchers' 5% and 10% targets, which would be 366 (19 pounds lost) and 346 (39 pounds) respectively. Hopefully I can reach those relatively quickly and then beyond. As I approach age 36 next week, I realize that I can't be at this weight very much longer (not that I should have been at this weight *at all*, but here we are). Need to get healthy so when the apocalypse hits on December 21, 2012, I will be one of the survivors. (Ha ha.)

Anyway, we'll keep you posted. In the meantime, as Stan Lee says, "Excelsior!"

No comments:

Post a Comment