Monday, March 15, 2010

Florida - the Wrap-Up

OK, so Days 7-11 in a nutshell. :)

Epcot was quite cool... makes one optimistic for the future, only when you realize it's a Disney fantasy, cuz we ain't never gettin' to that Future World. :)

Had fun visiting my grandmother in Winter Haven. Glad we could keep her company for a while and I'm always amused when she and her friends legitimise the stereotypes about Florida senior citizen life. :)

Solid rain on Thursday and Friday... my mom had an absolute time of it in the air. We picked her up in Orlando once she finally arrived 3 hours and 45 minutes after she was supposed to. We gave a ride to her hearing impaired seat mate to Winter Haven... can't make this stuff up, folks.

Our own slight delay and difficulty in Sanford, and we returned safe and sound. As much as I love Florida (for what it is), it always pleases me to return to the state I've called home for 30 years now (5 in Syracuse, you know).

No comments:

Post a Comment